Thursday, July 30, 2009

Strength in Our Weakness

“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10

Temptation beckons to the weak areas of our nature. If we are given to jealousy, Satan will fashion our circumstances to provide us with an opportunity where we could become jealous. If we struggle with lust, our enemy will furnish ways to tempt us. The good news is, if we offer our weaknesses to God, they become the doorway for the Lord to exhibit His strength. As we depend on him, we find the Lord’s overcoming power in our lives in the area where failure normally prevails.

We cannot muscle our way out of temptation. Our self-willed ways can only take us so far. When we humble ourselves and submit to the Holy Spirit’s ability, we triumph in the midst of temptation’s onslaught. James 4:7 says that if we submit to God and resist the devil, our enemy will run for the hills.

Dear Lord of Heaven and Earth,

I thank you for your strength in the midst of my weakness. May your character shine through my weak areas by the power of your Holy Spirit. When I am tempted, help me to trust in you to give me the overriding ability to say no to sin and yes to right living. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment