Sunday, July 5, 2009

For Freedom

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Galatians 5:1

On July 4th we celebrated our nation's independence from British oppression. The American victory in the revolutionary war secured for us the freedom to establish a democracy founded on Christian principles. Many men lost their lives in pursuit of this triumph. Their blood bought our national freedom. Similarly, Christ won the pivotal victory for the souls of men when he died and rose again. He disarmed the kingdom of darkness and made an open spectacle of the devil and his forces on the cross (Colossians 2:14-15). When we allow ourselves to be governed by Jesus the King of Kings, we experience spiritual and emotional freedom.

Surrendering to Christ liberates us from the shackles that bind us. The word of God is a declaration of our independence in Christ. The Scriptures are replete of great and precious promises for the believer whose allegiance is with the Sovereign of the universe. Jesus bought us our emancipation by dying for us in our place. He set us free for our own sake – for the sake of our freedom. Let's remember what Christ did for us and look to those who have not yet been spiritually awakened. Let's pray for those lost in darkness and share our faith with them, when we have the opportunity.

Dear Lord,

I surrender all to you. I thank you for dying for me in my place. I choose to follow you all of my days and I ask you to forgive me of my sin. I understand that you bought my freedom for me on the cross. You have delivered me from darkness and You have translated me into the kingdom of your dear Son. Help me Lord to live to see others find freedom in You. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2009 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment