Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Never Compromise

Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.” Psalm 51:6

Never compromise your God-given convictions. This may mean that you look foolish to others who see nothing wrong with the action in question, which may involve an unscrupulous business practice or the temptation to cheat on your taxes. Whatever the situation obey the inner prompting from the Holy Spirit to do what is right in the given situation.

This will save you great heartache, and it will keep you from developing a dull conscience. If we ignore the inward voice that is harmonious with Scripture, we run the risk of growing callous. The longer we run in that direction the less likely we will be able to hear the Holy Spirit’s voice.

As we spend time in God's word, our conscience better reflects the will of the Lord, and our ability to discern the voice of God matures. Let us cultivate a God-centered conscience by obeying God's written and spoken word in every choice we make.

Dear Savior,

I love you. Help me to obey my conscience as it agrees with your written word. Teach me by your grace to say no to all ungodliness and evil behavior. Give me wisdom and courage to obey the Holy Spirit. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment