Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Light Dispels Darkness

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

The door swung open; wind’s invisible hand grabbed the handle and pulled. Rays of light revealed debris scattered where darkness reigned just a few seconds before. Cigarette butts and empty beer cans peppered the cement floor. And from behind an old paint-splattered ladder that leaned against the wall, peered two eyes. They belonged to a large rat that had tunneled its way into the dingy space. Rays of light shimmered on dirt and dust swirling in the air. The unkempt closet reeked of alcohol.

The light of the Son reveals sin hidden in the depths of our hearts. The Spirit’s wind unmasks us. His truth brings conviction, and with his presence comes deliverance and healing. His blood scours our every sin-stain so that we may rejoice in the liberty we were created for. God loves us too much to leave us in our present condition. The road to greater holiness begins with a prayer. Lord, search our hearts, cleanse us, and make us more like you!

Dear Lord,

Search my heart. Reveal to me the sin that lives inside me. Convict me and lead me on your path of righteousness. Make me holy as you are holy. Create in me a clean heart oh God, and show me how to practically live out your will. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment