Sunday, August 2, 2009

Less is More

“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30

One of the ways we know we are growing in the Lord is if we possess a diminishing measure of self-centeredness. John the Baptist said, in regards to Jesus, “He must become greater, I must become less.” We must make it our aim to glorify God more and more as our lives progress in him. The Lord will help us to withdraw from the temptation to seek attention for ourselves. He will enable us to worship him in every circumstance.

He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. Over time, the Lord refines us like a stone lodged in the bed of a rushing stream. He smoothes the edges of our personality. As we empty ourselves, we make room for the Lord to fill us with his presence. It is Christ in us, who is our only hope of glory.

Dear Living God,

I surrender my life to you. I empty myself of worldly ambition and I lay my desires at your feet. Lord may you become greater in me and through me, and may I become less in my own estimation. I desire to please you in all I do and I long to live my life to magnify your name. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment