Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Favorable Environment for Growth

“For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” John 1:17

The apple tree flourished in the fertile soil. Its regular diet of gentle showers and warm sunshine contributed to the tree’s healthy state.

Paul admonished believers to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). It is in an environment where grace and truth abound that the Christian is provided the best chance to mature. The churches we attend should be marked by two qualities. First, the word of God must be taught unashamedly and with Biblical balance. Secondly, grace and love should characterize the atmosphere of the congregation.

Our personal relationship with God should also be cultivated by spending time in the Scriptures and by meditating on the Lord’s love and kindness. Such an environment will enable us to flourish spiritually. We will be like trees planted by streams of water, and the Lord will cause us to prosper spiritually.

Dear Lord,

You are my Shepherd. I thank you for your great love for me and for the truth of your word which keeps me living for you. I believe that you are causing me to flourish as I meditate on your love, abide in your word, and participate in a life-giving local church. I worship you my Master. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment