Sunday, August 30, 2009

God's Dream

“…and he sent a man before them – Joseph, sold as a slave, They bruised his feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons, till what he foretold came to pass, till the word of the Lord proved him true.” Psalm 105:17-19

The Lord is the giver of dreams. Joseph had a dream from God that found its fulfillment years later. He suffered severe rejection, betrayal, and imprisonment for a crime he did not commit. But Joseph was eventually appointed as a leader - second only to Egypt’s Pharaoh. By following God’s wisdom, he saved multitudes from famine including his own family. By forgiving his brothers – the very ones who betrayed him - Joseph revealed the deep work that God had done within his heart.

I believe God gives dreams to all of his children. He desires to bless us and use us for His glory. In the beginning, we may not know our future’s complete picture; the vision may even end up different in the end then when we initially imagined it.

As we obey God in the little things, he begins to reveal more to us. When we pursue God’s dream for our lives, the Lord shapes and molds us. He makes us fit for the task he has for us. After we have proven faithful, the Lord will bring the vision to pass in his perfect timing. As we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4).

Dear Lord,

I surrender to your plan for my life. Reveal your will to me more fully and equip me for the task that you have designed me to do. I believe you have a calling for all of your saints, and I am no different. I choose to follow you to bring you glory and to help establish your kingdom on this earth. Let me be faithful to you as I wait for the complete fulfillment of your will and as I serve you now. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment