Thursday, May 7, 2009

In the Father's Care

“But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.” Psalm 131:2

The baby cried and wiped her eyes. She kicked her feet, while she lay restless in the crib. Instinctively, her mother lifted the baby to her breast. The infant’s frown inverted to a calm smile. Soon the child fell asleep in her mother’s arms.

Those who have accepted Christ as their Savior are children of God. When we abide in Him, we live with a sense of peace; we rest in the care of our heavenly Father. However, when we fall out of step with the Lord, the peaceful waters within our soul stir. Unrest replaces the tranquility that once ruled our hearts.

True contentment can only come as we find respite in the arms of our merciful God. He is our safety, our rest, and our refuge. Even during the storms of life we can learn to abide in Jesus the Prince of Peace. If we have strayed in any way from the path He has set for us, we can draw near to him and confess our sin. He is faithful to forgive us and restore us to a place of harmony with him (1 John 1:9).

Dear Father God,

Thank you for taking such good care of me. I choose to rest in your love. I give to you all my fears and worries. I lay every problem at your feet. I place my trust in you like a child trusts its mother. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

© Copyright 2008 Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment