Saturday, May 2, 2009

If You Abide in Me

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” John 15:7

Jesus gave many promises to us. In one of these statements, he said the Father would give us anything we asked for. His only condition was that we abide in him and that we allow his words to abide in us.

The Lord calls us to abide in his presence and in his promises. He desires that we cultivate a relationship with him founded upon obedience to his word. He desires for us to allow the Scriptures to transform our actions so that we conform to his image. As we do this, our desires begin to reflect his heart. Then, when we ask for a particular need to be met, he will grant us what we ask for.

Dear Lord,

Help me to hide your word in my heart. As I meditate upon your precepts and as I think upon your promises change me. I ask you to grant me the desires of my heart which contribute to your ultimate will for my life.

© Copyright 2008 Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment