Friday, June 19, 2009

The Master's Workmanship

“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
2 Corinthians 5:17

God displayed the worth of every individual on earth by sending his Son to die in our place. The Father in essence was saying, “You are worth the life of my Son.” He loves us that much! The Lord wants us to know that we are precious to him and that we have inherent significance - we truly matter to God.

He has fashioned us with his masterful hand. We have been given special gifts and abilities. We are crafted in his image. 1 John 4:17 gives us a picture of how God sees us in Christ: “As he (Jesus) is so are we in this world.” We can cultivate a sense of confidence in knowing God views us through the blood of Jesus.

The Bible calls those that are born again the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). We have been made right with Him, and we are more than conquerors through Christ who loved us (Romans 8:37). In Christ we are strong, and we can do all things through him. We can accomplish anything he asks of us.

God not only values us, he has made us each his masterpiece and has provided for us all we will ever need to fulfill his will for us in the earth.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for making me your masterpiece. Help me to draw my strength from you. I thank you that I can do all things through you who empower me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment