Friday, June 26, 2009

Earthen Vessels

“For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.”
1 Corinthians 4:11

During a Sunday worship service, the Lord gave me a symbolic picture. I viewed myself as a large block of hardened clay. The surface had many holes in it and bright light pierced through each hole. I thought of 2 Corinthians 4:7-8, which states, “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.”

The scripture goes on to say that we carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be revealed in our body. In my mini-vision I believe the holes in my body represented the times I experienced persecution and suffering. As we respond positively to the trials of this life, our character is transformed to be more like Christ. This gives the Lord the opportunity to shine through our weaknesses. His life is displayed through our frail bodies for the world to see. And it is in the difficult times of life that Jesus has the opportunity to shine
through us in the brightest way.

Dear Father,

When I struggle through the hard realities of life, help me to remember you are working out your character in me. Use the tough times to shape me and then shine your glory through me to a world that needs to know you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment