Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prayers with Answers

You have not have because you do not ask God. James 4:2

When I am traveling by car and I find myself lost in an unfamiliar region, I have a choice. After looking at the map or relying on my sometimes misguided GPS, there comes the time when I realize I need to ask for directions. My answer to which way to travel may only be a phone call away, but if I don't swallow my pride and ask the question, I fail to receive the guidance I need.

Answers to prayer come to us in the same manner. Three days ago I lost my keys. Among the metal lock openers were color coded keys to my house, my car, my wife's car, and to our mailbox. This was the only key to our mailbox that we own. I have been searching the house for days now. I have prayed, but it wasn't until today that I received my answer. I communicated my need to the Lord today in writing and reminded Him of His promises to me to meet my needs. I broke out in honest and expectant prayer to God. I believe He told me I would find the keys today. Then I looked again and found them within five minutes of the prayer. Praise the Lord - this was a miracle.

God wants to answer our prayers. Whether we are praying for little or big things, God cares about our needs and the needs of others. John 15:7 says, “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” When we choose to live our life in the light of God's presence and under the inspiration of His word, we will see more of our prayers answered by God. The answers sometimes come instantly, and many times they arrive after a time of waiting.

All that said, God is God and because He is God He always knows what's truly best for us. He will only give us those things that compliment His will for our lives.

Let's boldly come before God's throne praying for our own needs to be met, but let's also offer prayers to God that plead for Him to minister to those in need and that serve to advance the Kingdom of God on this earth. Remember, we do not have because we do not ask.

Dear Father God,

I praise You and worship You. You are holy. Dear Lord teach me to pray with honesty and faith like a little child. Help me to spend time before you praying for the needs of others and seeing you miraculously meet my own needs because you love me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment