Friday, January 1, 2010

Do You Have Life?

This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.
John 3:16 The Message

Do you have life? Are you experiencing abundance and liberty in your soul? Are you free inside? God wants to give you His life, for today and forever. He wants to change you on the inside, so you will never be the same.

Have you been searching for something more? Have your pursuits for significance and/or pleasure left you bankrupt? The Bible says that sin brings pleasure for a season, but soon the cheers turn to empty sighs. Perhaps you have spent your life pursuing goals that are noble, such as raising money to provide for your family. God wants your family to be provided for, but He wants you to put Him first.

Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all that you are. The second is to love your neighbor as yourself. Is this what your life has been about? God's standard for us is holiness, for He is holy. None of us are fit for heaven on our own. We all need a Savior. This is why God gave His Son to come and die for us, and to be risen from the dead. He bore the full judgment for our sin. The perfect for the flawed. He died in our place so that we could have new life.

Come to Him, receive His life. He will fill the emptiness in your soul. He will satisfy your heart cry for significance. Come and pray with me to receive Him into your life.

Dear God,

I have tried many things that I thought would bring me satisfaction. The truth is that I am a sinner in need of You my Savior. I ask for you to forgive me of all my sins. Come and cleanse me and give me your everlasting life. I receive you into my heart and life. Have your way in me Lord. I choose to follow you all of my days. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment