Friday, February 10, 2012

Blessed to Be a Blessing

The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you. I will make your name great and you will be a blessing.” Genesis 12:1-2

If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29

Those that belong to Christ are heirs of the promises of God. Jesus has given us all things (See 1 Corinthians 3:21). We have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ (See Ephesians 1:3). Although our lives may not always seem to reflect these realities, they are nevertheless true. Our position in Christ is that of a child showered with abundance. Our baskets are full to overflowing.

God desires to meet our every need. He wants to encompass us with great blessings. One of the reasons for this is so that we can be a blessing to someone else. We are blessed to be a blessing. We are conduits of His power and grace, channels of His love, peace, and material supply. If our heart is bent on helping others, our Lord will see that His blessing is manifested in our lives. Jesus always gives seed to the sower (See 2 Corinthians 9:10).

Let's learn to see the Father as a good God. Let's remember that it was He who sent His son to die for us. His love is limitless. Although this is true, God's blessing does not come to us automatically. Abram, who God later named Abraham, did not receive the blessing until he took a step of obedient faith. Abram left his country to follow the Lord's leading. We too must obey the Lord's voice. We must follow His leading. The promises of God can never be earned, but they are realized when we get into the proper position. This means we must follow the Lord's direction, and it means we must walk by faith.

This year let's lay hold of God's promises to us not only so we can be blessed, but also so that we might be a blessing to others. Let the Lord lead you to be a blessing to someone today. Whether it's a heartfelt prayer, a kind word, the sharing of your testimony, or a timely gift given in secret, your act of kindness can touch a life. Let's endeavor to be channels of His blessings to others.

Dear Father God,


I believe You are always good to me. You have promised me wonderful things. Help me to receive all that you have for me, and help me to follow You through your written word and through the leading of the Holy Spirit. Lord, I desire to be a blessing to others. Help me to give to others what you have given me. Show me who I could be a blessing to this very day. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment