Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Seasons Change

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven…” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Frost covers the ground once rich with hues of orange and brown. The fallen leaves beneath the white crystals compose a loose blanket shrouding the harvest soil.

Soon icy winds will give way to bursts of rain and rays of light, as spring sets in. In a few more months, the warmth from the sun will intensify and dance off the waters with summer delight.
Each season brings with it a myriad of modifications to the environment. And in our own lives, seasons change. God orchestrates shifts in our circumstances.

With each new season, we experience different levels of blessing and suffering. But whether we find ourselves on the mountain or in the valley, if we stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit, we will learn to see God in ever-increasing glory. With each season, we can view him with greater clarity and appreciation. As we grow in our understanding of him, we are lifted nearer and nearer to the Lord and we reflect his nature more and more accurately. Seasons ultimately create a catalyst that induces spiritual growth in our lives.

Dear Father,

Help me to recognize the season you have placed me in at this time of my life. I choose to draw close to you in the hard times and in times where I am experiencing your blessing. I thank you that you are in control of my surroundings and of my destiny. I place my complete trust in You. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

© Copyright 2008 Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment