Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Gift of Christ's Righteousness

“He who knew no sin became sin so that we could become the righteousness of God in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

Those who have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior have stepped out of darkness and into the kingdom of light (Col 1:13). The Bible says we have been made righteous through Christ’s atoning sacrifice. He took upon himself our sin and exchanged it with the gift of his righteousness. We are righteous not by our own holiness, but by the blood of Christ. We are clothed in him and have right-standing with the Father.

Our place in him is secure. Because of this, we can come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy in our time of need (Heb 4:16). As we rest in the truth that we have been made righteous through the blood of Christ, the Lord will begin to cause his righteousness to affect our behavior. The work he has done within our hearts will progressively manifest in our outward behavior as we pursue our relationship with the Lord. This change will be wrought not through the sweat of self-effort, but through an ongoing faith in the Lord Our Righteousness.

Thank you Lord that you see me as righteous. Thank you for cleansing me of all my sin stains and thank you that I can now come boldly to your throne to worship you and to bring my requests to you my King. Lord, let me stand strong in the reality that I have been given the gift of your righteousness. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment