Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Abiding in Him

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.”

A branch draws its very life from the tree it is linked to. Nutrients flow from the trunk to every inch of the bough. Fruit can only be formed while the branch clings to the tree.

Apart from an intimate union with Christ, we are incapable of producing godly character. A lack of ongoing intimacy with Christ disables our effectiveness as witnesses to the world. But when we are linked to the Master through prayer, Bible reading, and continual fellowship with Him, we become vessels of His glory to a world lost in darkness.

If you find yourself lacking in this pursuit, the Lord would not want you to be discouraged. Instead, his desire is that you experience his love for you. He will help us all to take small strides toward this life of abiding. When we fall, he is there to pick us up. The Holy Spirit enables us to move forward in this discipline of continual dependence on Christ.

Dear Master,

I want to abide in you. I desire to draw my strength and character from your spiritual supply. I need to receive your life-giving grace all throughout my day. Help me to depend on you Jesus. I love you. Amen.


© Copyright 2008 Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment