Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Trusting the Lord to Promote You

Then David crept up unnoticed and cut off a corner of Saul's robe. Afterward, David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord's anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” 1 Samuel 24:4b-6

David was called as a teenager to be Israel's next king. He was to replace king Saul in God's timing. David kept a loyal heart – first to God and second to the Lord's anointed, king Saul. But Saul treated him harshly. His jealousy drove him to try to kill David on several occasions.

David had the opportunity to end Saul's life and assume the throne, but he chose the path of integrity. He spared Saul's life. Instead of killing king Saul, He cut a corner of Saul's robe. He even felt remorse over this act.

David trusted in the sovereignty of God, and eventually, he became king. Do you feel called to a place of ministry? Are you sometimes plagued by others in leadership who are jealous of you? Take the high road and trust the Lord to deliver you. If you wait on Him, He will not disappoint you. Let me warn you that if you choose to take the matter in your own hands, you will reap what you sow. God will not bless your efforts, and you will be sorry that you gave into your pride.

Dear Father God,
 
Help me to be loyal to You and to those in leadership over me, even if I do not always agree with their decisions. Help me to cultivate a humble heart and allow You to exalt me in due time. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness in my life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment