Saturday, February 20, 2010

Your Gift

We have different gifts according to the grace God has given us... Romans 12:6

How are you wired? How has God gifted you? Are you an encourager? Are you motivated to pray for the sick? Do you love to invite people into your home and entertain them? Do you have the gift of prophecy? When you discover how you are gifted, you learn how you minister best to those within the Body of Christ and to those that do not know Him.

I like to write. I penned a gospel tract, that was never published, so I print it myself. It looks very professional and I often give it out to people I meet. This is a natural way for me to evangelize. Both my wife and I are relational. We like to spend time with friends of ours who have not accepted Christ as their Savior and Lord. We often pray for them and do our best to say sensitive to the Spirit's promptings. We have had the wonderful opportunity of leading some of them to the Lord.

If your gift is hospitality, you could invite an unsaved neighbor over for a meal and develop a friendship with that person. At the right time, you could share with them your testimony.

You are unique, and God has made you the way you are on purpose. Your personality, God-given talents, and spiritual gifting equip you to serve the Lord in a way that is extraordinary and special. You may not be able to preach like Billy Graham, but you are able to influence others in the way that God designed you to.

If you don't know what your spiritual gift(s) is (are), seek the Lord and look over Scriptural passages that describe the different gifts (see 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, Romans 12:6-8, and Ephesians 4:11-12). When we serve others within the Body, we should pay attention to what other believers say about our giftedness. Other Christians may see things in ourselves that we don't see. Ultimately, it is the Lord who will confirm to us what our gifts are.

As we use our gifts to serve others, the Lord will cause us to increase. He will add to our talent and ability causing us to become more effective than we were before.

Let's identify what our gifts are, and let's use them to bless the Body of Christ and draw those that don't know the Savior into an abiding relationship with Him.

Dear Father God,

Thank you for gifting me to serve you. Help me to realize how I am uniquely made, and enable me to reach others by your grace through the way you have created me. I thank You and praise You for loving me enough to use me to touch others. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2010 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment