Monday, February 15, 2010

Smile

A cheerful heart is good medicine... Proverbs 17:22

Our Lord was not a limp and frowning figure. The Scripture says that he loved righteousness, hated evil, and had more joy than all His companions (Hebrews 1:9).

Healing flows from a heart full of cheer. God's life floods the heart and soul of the person that knows how to play. We all can take ourselves too seriously. God wants us to place our problems in His caring hands and trust Him to meet our every need. He desires for us to relish in our relationship with Him and with each other. He wants us to enjoy our lives.

When I was a young Christian, I carried a weight of guilt like a ball and chain. I didn't understand that God loved me. But slowly I began to see that God was on my side. He lives in me to enable me to succeed in the Christian life. His grace is all we need, and His grace gives us joy.

We can have fun in the presence of the Lord. We can find freedom in our relationship with Christ. Let's bask in the love of our Father God. When we fall, let's run to the Savior. He will forgive us and help us to follow Him, and He will restore our joy. Let's imitate our Lord who loved righteousness, hated evil, and rejoiced more than all His companions. His life is a life of joy and His joy brings us healing and wholeness. Smile, the God of the Universe delights in you.

Dear Father God,

Thank you that Your great love for me makes me happy. I choose to rejoice in You. I choose to enjoy my life. Thank you that You took my guilt and nailed it to the cross. I receive Your freedom. I receive your grace. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2010 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment