Thursday, September 10, 2009

God is Just

“’No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,’ declares the Lord.” Isaiah 54:17

We have an advocate - the Lord our Defender. When we face dishonest and treacherous people, we can trust the Lord to vindicate us. If we have been faithful to him and have been wronged in the process, the Lord will go to bat for us. He will see to it that justice is done. If we choose to forgive those that have wronged us and allow God to deal with the situation, He will bring about vindication in His way and in His timing. This righting-of-wrongs may occur during our lifetime or the Lord may bring justice about on the day he judges every man. The Scriptures declare that there will come a day when we all must give an account for the things we have done on earth
(1 Cor 4:5, 2 Tim 4:1, Rom 2:16). Ultimately the Lord will bring justice to us. He will vindicate His children; this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.

Dear Father,

I thank you for your love and justice. Help me to forgive those that have done wrong things to me and help me to trust you to vindicate me in your time. Let me not take matters into my own hands. Lord you are just and true and you will bring all things into balance on the day that you judge the world. Help me to live my life in the light of that awesome day. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment