Monday, September 14, 2009

God-given Ability to Produce Wealth

“But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth.” Deuteronomy 8:18

3 John 3 says, “Beloved I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. KJV” There are many promises in the Bible that support the fact that God desires to see his people financially blessed. Prosperity for the Christian develops as we work diligently, give liberally, and love God preeminently. God does not promise to make us all millionaires, but He does promise to meet our needs and to bring us to a place where we can be a blessing to others financially.

The Lord wants to bless us so we can have the resources to contribute to the kingdom of God. He seeks to enable us to help fund the expansion of the gospel through our financial giving. Many God-ordained ministries exist that depend on the free will offerings of God’s people. Let’s pursue the Lord and allow him to bless us. He can enlighten our minds with creative business ideas. He can fill us with a passion to work in a particular field in the marketplace. He wants to prosper us. Psalm 35:27 states that the Lord delights in the prosperity of his servant.

He will meet our needs and cause us to become a channel of blessing to others. The Lord will give us power or ability to produce wealth. God’s prosperity is linked to our willingness to give and our diligence to work as unto the Lord. God will prosper the individual moved by his agenda to further the Kingdom of Heaven.

Dear Jesus,

You are the Lord my Provider. I thank you for enabling me to prosper. I recognize that my financial resources come from you. You have given me the ability to make wealth. Help me to give to your kingdom even in times of scarcity, and help me to give you all the glory when I receive your blessings. Make me a channel who draws from your abundance and helps to finance the gospel. Amen.


© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment