Saturday, February 2, 2013

Embrace the Father


Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” John 14:23 NIV

Do you desire to experience love? Has your heart grown weary? Do you long for acceptance? Do you have hurts that you have harbored within you for what seems like an eternity?

Let me introduce you to God, our Father. He is a balm of healing for the tattered soul. He is a Friend unlike any other . Of all the relationships in your life, make it your first priority to cultivate this one. Give your attention to this One; seek Him with all your heart!

He is a Father to the fatherless. Invite Him to father you. When this world rises up against you, He will take your side. When all others leave, He will remain.

When God fathers you, He will guide you in the truth. He will teach you the best way. He will encourage you to practice walking in the word. Just like a good earthly father, he will teach you the right way of doing things. When you allow Him to do this , He will make His home in you. When you welcome Him into your life, you will enjoy sweet intimacy with Him.

Would you embrace God as your Father? He is waiting to make Himself known to you. He longs to fellowship with you. Come and seek Him. If you seek Him with all of your heart, you will find him, and when you find Him, you will have found a Friend who will never let you go.

Come and invite Him to mentor you as His son or daughter....

Dear Father God,

Reveal Yourself to me. I desire to know you more intimately. Come and teach me Your truth. Come and heal me on the inside. Come and father me and cause me to grow. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment