Sunday, December 23, 2012

If You Will Only Come


Blessed are those who morn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4

Christmas time is known as a joyous time of year, but for some it is a difficult season. Those who have lost loved ones either by death, divorce, or separation may find themselves grieving over their loss while the jingle bells are ringing. If you find yourself in this situation, my word to you is to draw near to the One who came as a baby, but who now is our Risen Lord. And if you haven't yet met Him, He is the most wondrous gift of Christmas.

He will hold you in His arms; He will bring you great comfort, if you'll only come to Him. He wants to heal the wounds on the inside that maybe you have not told anyone about. He is our Healer, our Restorer, and our Savior.

Jesus came as a baby, the sinless God-child. Fully human, fully divine. He grew to become a man and was nailed to a cross. His sacrifice paid for our sin-debt. Come to Him and be made whole. Come to Him and be comforted. If you come to Him in full surrender, you will be blessed and you will be comforted. The word blessed means to be happy. God will give you joy, if you will only come to Him.

If you desire to know the Savior, please pray this prayer from your heart.

Dear Father God,

Thank you for sending Jesus to be my Savior and Sin-Bearer. Jesus, thank you for suffering for my faults. I surrender to you. I ask you to forgive me of all my sins. I ask you to comfort me and be my Friend. I believe you love me. I want to have a relationship with you now. Thank you, Lord, for welcoming me into Your family. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment