Monday, January 10, 2011

Work - A Gift from God

Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God. Ecclesiastes 5:19

I enjoy my days off from work, whether on the weekends or during a vacation. I am grateful for these times for rest and recharging. I also use this time to get projects done at home and to complete items on my wife's current honey-do-list.

A new desire has been building in me over the years, however. It is a fire that has not always burned so brightly. I am referring to a love and a passion for work. Yes, work! Solomon said it is a gift from God that we could find delight in, and Paul said we should work as unto the Lord. We can taste fulfillment in a day done well. We also receive God's blessings as we diligently apply ourselves to the work He has given us.

I am grateful to have a job. I work as a Director of Marketing for a Caregiving agency. If you are unemployed at this time, know that the Lord will enable you to find work. Looking for a place of employment must now become your full-time endeavor. God will reward you for your diligence and faith in His promise to meet your needs.

I am learning to delight in hard work. I am not always as diligent as I would like to be, but the Lord is transforming me. He is teaching me to use my time wisely. He is helping me to achieve daily goals for His glory. I take joy in the work He has given me. How about you? Are you allowing Jesus to fill you with a passion for productivity? Let's invite Him to work alongside us. Let's endeavor to give Him our very best every day. The Lord will satisfy us with contentment as He blesses us with His rewards. "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might (Ecclesiastes 9:10)."

No comments:

Post a Comment