Monday, September 20, 2010

For the Prodigal

For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:11-12

It doesn't matter how many times you've fallen into that same sin. It doesn't matter what you've done or how far you've run from home. God your gracious Father is waiting for you. He is ready to embrace you – to forgive you of all your sin.

You weren't made to carry that heavy load of guilt and pain. The Lord wants to invade your life with kindness. He wants to shower you in mercy. If you are His prodigal child, won't you come home? Your Father will restore you to your rightful place in Christ. Don't you know that Jesus blood has paid for your complete forgiveness?
1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (italics mine).”

God's love for you is unwavering, relentless, extravagant. He would do anything to bring you back. The Scripture says that God is married to the backslider. He has not given up on you. Why don't you turn your eyes to Jesus and pray with tears of repentance. God will forgive you. He still has awesome plans for your life. If you turn to Him, you'll find your future is as bright as the noonday sun.

Dear Father God,

I am sorry for turning my back on You. I'm sorry for allowing myself to drift so far away from home. Lord, please forgive me. Please take me back. I receive Your forgiveness. I receive Your mercy. I choose to follow You once again with your help and the help of the body of Christ. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment