Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Made For His Glory

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13-14 NKJV

When you were created, God was there. You're birth was not accidental. The Lord knew you would arrive into this world; He is intimately aware of you. He loves you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are God's masterpiece.

The Lord longs to have a relationship with us. Our relationship with Him must be cultivated. It takes time to get to know someone. Those closest to us make an impression on us. They impact our character. It is the same with our relationship with Almighty God. As we make time for Him, by reading and meditating on His word and by spending time in prayer and worship, He affects our very nature.

Initially, we must trust Christ to be our Savior to experience the transforming power of God. Following our conversion, the Lord still desires to change us. He does this in the context of our relationship with Him. The Lord always treats us with compassion. Sometimes His love comes in the form of encouragement, but at other times the Lord chastens us in love. He does this to make us more fruitful.

The Lord desires to make us like His Son. He is transforming us from glory to glory. We are His masterpiece on display before a world that needs to see the Savior. Ephesians 2:10 says, “We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before hand that we should walk in them.” God matures us so we can fulfill the calling He has for us all. God changes us so we can be a catalyst for change in others.

Let's yield to the Potter. His hands are molding and making us more like Jesus, while we revel in our relationship with Him. He does this because of His great love for us, and because He desires to use us for His glory.

Dear Father God,

Thank you for creating me and for loving me. Thank you for helping me to know You more and more. Teach me your ways. Mold me and make me more like you and use me for your glory. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2010 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment