Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cast Your Bread

"Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again." Ecclesiastes 11:1

When we give into the Lord's work, our gift only leaves our hands temporarily. It, like the bread and fish that Christ distributed, multiplies back into our lives. What we sow we eventually reap. If we are faithful in giving, God will see to it that we receive back abundantly.

A question to ask ourselves is, “Where is our treasure?” Is our heart set on building God's kingdom or are we consumed with becoming rich in material goods? If we are passionate about giving more than getting, God will see to it that we are blessed. He wants to use us as channels to distribute financially into God-ordained ministries and efforts.

If you are in an economically thin season, do not despair. Give as you can, and work diligently at whatever your hand finds you to do. If you do not have a job, at this time, make finding work your full-time job and trust the Lord. He will be faithful to you.

The Lord is our Provider. He promises to watch over us and supply our every need. His word says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).” God can not lie. As we give according to our ability and work as unto the Lord, God promises to meet every one of our needs.

Let's make it our practice to cast our bread upon the waters, by sowing financially into our local church and other ministries. When we do, we can expect God to bless us in return, so we can then give again. I am so glad that we do not serve a stingy God. Instead, we serve the One who gave His very own Son. He gave the best that He had, and He will continue to give to us all we need. He will bless us so that we can be a blessing to others.

Dear Father God,

Thank you for your great promises to me. I believe that You desire to bless me so that my needs are met and so I can help others. Lord thank you for your great provision. I choose to work diligently as unto you and I choose to give into your kingdom. Lord, speak to me and show me where I can give. I love you Lord, and I will obey you. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2010 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment