Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vessels of Healing

“Believers shall lay hands of the sick and they shall recover.”
Mark 16:18

Physical healing is secured as we pray and believe, and we can be vessels of healing to those we pray for! As we lay hands on the sick, they will recover – this is what the Scripture declares. Some will be healed instantly; others will gradually become well. (It is important to note that God approves of doctors and medicine. In fact one of the Lord's diciples, Luke, was a physician.)

It is also true that some are not healed on this earth. Our human tendency is to wonder why this occurs, but we must place our trust in God’s sovereignty. All born again believers will possess a perfectly healthy body when they enter heaven’s gates. Though we may not know the exact outcome in a given situation, let’s extend our love and faith towards those that suffer illness. Let’s believe with unashamed expectancy. Our friend’s miracle may only be a prayer away.

Dear Lord,

Use me to lay hands on the sick. I ask that you would display your miracle power on their behalf. Help me to stay sensitive to your Holy Spirit. I believe your word which says that believers shall lay hands on the sick and they will recover. Give me the boldness to obey you as a vessal of your healing power. I realize it is my job to pray for people and your job to heal them in your way and in your timing. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2008 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment