Sunday, October 25, 2009

Learning to Walk

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If any man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

When children first learn to walk they need the help of their parents. In the beginning stages, they must hold on to mom or dad in order to take even one step. Later, they begin to depend on their own strength and agility to stride through the house.

We, like that young child, are helpless without God's strength and guidance to bear fruit for the kingdom of God. The only difference is that when we become older as Christians, we should depend on the Lord more in order to live the Christian life. Dependence on Christ is the key to victorious Christianity. When we rely on Him instead of ourselves, we are able to serve in the power of the Holy Spirit. However, when we trust in our own strength and righteousness, we fall.

Whether we have served the Lord for two or twenty years, our view of ourselves apart from Christ should reflect how the Father sees us. We are helpless without the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Let's learn to put our trust and confidence in the Lord for every step we take in our walk with Christ. When we fall, his loving arms will lift us back up. He will steady us and help us along the journey, enabling us to bear fruit for eternity.

Dear Father God,

Thank you that you have not left me alone in my Christian experience. I can rely on You. Lord I choose to trust and depend on you for victory and effectiveness in my walk with Christ. Thank you that You are always present to catch me when I fall. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2009 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment