Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Overcoming Fear

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV

It is easy to be moved by tumultuous circumstances. But as Christians we are commanded not to fear. When I was a young man, I struggled with a fear of the future. I approached my coming days with a lack of confidence. It was not until I faced my fears with the word of God that I found victory. I learned to take scriptures like 2 Timothy 1:7 and speak them aloud. By doing this, I strengthened my confidence, and I was able to loosen Satan's hold over my heart and mind.

God has given us a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. These gifts of grace cause us to overcome the spirit of fear. We also find victory over fear when we grow in our understanding of God's love for us. The Bible says that perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18).

Let's take our stand against any form of fear in our lives. Although we are to fear or respect our Lord, we are not to entertain any other kind of fear. As we submit to God and resist the devil, he will flee. Become grounded in the word of God and the love of our heavenly Father. The Lord will give you victory. He will lift you out of the mire of anxiety and trepidation. As you surrender to Him and take up your sword (the spoken word of God) and use it against the enemy, you will find freedom from all fear.

Now I live with a faith-filled expectation of the future ahead of me. You too can realize who you are in Christ. You are more than a conqueror in Him. With God's help you too can overcome your fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment