Friday, January 22, 2016

The Sacrifice was Made



The sacrifice was made.  My blood was shed.  The day turned dark.  I was separated from my Father.  "My God, my God why did you forsake me.”  These were the words I spoke.  I was in such agony but for the joy set before me I endured the cross.  You are that joy.  I died to redeem mankind.  When I rose again from the grave, I defeated death and brought eternal life to all who would believe.  Come to me all that labor.  All that are heavily laden come to me.  The poor, the distraught, the sick can all come to Me, and I will give you rest.

I died for you.  Your victory was paid with my blood.  Come and abide with me.  Come and have a relationship with Me Jesus and with God the Father and with the Holy Spirit.  The three of us are One.  We love the world.  That is why I came.  I came because I love you.  So receive your blessing.  Receive your peace.  Receive your salvation.  They are gifts from me.  Turn to me and find hope, hope eternal.  Turn to me and find peace.  Find everlasting love.  For I am with you, when you turn to me.  When you come to me, I will not leave you or forsake you.  Forever I’ll be yours.  

Yes, the sacrifice was made; come now and receive all that I have in store for you.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I saw your piece on christiandevotions.us. I have also graduated from Christian Writers Guild and my husband and I are moving to Colorado to attend CBC. Our son has already graduated from the Business school. I have a blog at www.barbaralatta.blogspot.com. Many blessings to you and your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Barbara. I will look at your blog as well. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete