Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Salvation - a Free Gift

Salvation is a free gift to those that choose to receive it. It is free to us but not to God. Jesus paid the ultimate price, when He hung upon the cross. His life became a ransom for our sins. He took upon Himself the sins of the world, and God the Father judged Him for our sin. After three days, He rose again from the dead. Jesus, who is 100% man and 100% God, won salvation for us who believe. In Romans 10, it says that all those that confess that Jesus is Lord, and all those who believe in their heart that He rose from the dead shall be saved. 

We cannot earn our way to heaven. In fact, we can never be good enough, because God's holiness demands perfection. But when we invite the Lord into our lives, He takes our sin and imparts to us His righteousness. This is the miracle of salvation – the greatest miracle of all. When we come to him, we must bow low. In humility we can surrender our lives to God the Father allowing Him to cleanse us from our every sin. Our salvation is not based on the denomination we may or may not be part of; it is only based on the position of our hearts before God. If you would like to become a follower of Jesus, please pray the prayer below....

Dear Heavenly Father,

I believe that You sent Your Son, Jesus, to die and pay for my sin debt. I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, and I declare that He is my Lord and Savior. Thank You for forgiving me from all of my sin. Lord, I repent of all my sin and choose to follow You. Thank you that I have a home in heaven waiting for me.

Congratulations! You have made the most important decision of your life.
I would like to encourage you to:

Pray every day – its like talking to a Friend.
Daily read from the Bible – it is food for your soul.
Share your faith with others – let them hear the good news.
Go to church regularly – we need the fellowship of other believers, and we need to hear the word of God preached.


No comments:

Post a Comment