Sunday, October 14, 2012

In Weakness We Overcome


But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Our God rules and reigns over heaven and earth. He is supreme, and He has given His children victory over the trials and temptations of life. Do you see yourself as more than a conqueror? Do you perceive yourself as a victor or a victim? If you feel weak, know that His strength is made perfect in weakness.

Even if you see yourself as a lowly worm there is hope. Isaiah 41:13-15 says, “'For I am the Lord, our God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear, I will help you. Do not be afraid, O worm Jacob, O little Israel, for I myself will help you, ' declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. 'See, I will make you into a threshing sledge, new and sharp, with many teeth. You will thresh the mountains and crush them, and reduce the hills to chaff.” The Lord says that in our weakness, He can use us to destroy mighty mountains. In Him, we truly are more than conquerors.

But even when we experience great victory, we must remember we are weak in and of ourselves. Apart from Him we can do nothing. When God causes us to overcome in this life, it is only through our deep dependency on His ability that we succeed. We must rely on His power not on our own strength. When we are weak, He is strong, in and through us. In our own strength, we may be able to do many things, but nothing that is of eternal consequence.

Let's surrender our lives to Jesus and allow Him to display His power through us. We are nothing without Him, but with Him we are more than conquerors, able to crush any mountain that comes in our way.

Dear Lord,

Thank You for reminding me that I am nothing without You. At the same time, Lord, You give me Your strength. Help me to overcome the obstacles that stand in my way of knowing and serving You. Lord I worship You alone. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment