Friday, April 22, 2011

We Can Be Forgiven

Satan gleamed with pride
When Jesus received His violent whipping
Blood splattered

They nailed His wrists and feet
And Satan danced

Darkness fell
God the Father turned His head
Jesus cried out, "It is finished!"
Satan sighed a deep sigh of relief

They took Jesus' body to His tomb
They rolled the stone in place
Silence

Tears fell from the disciple's eyes
They lost their beloved Rabbi

Then, the Light burst through the darkness
Jesus rose triumphant
He is the Life
He walked unencumbered
By the chains of death
Satan screamed
And bolted in great terror

Resurrection Life is now offered
To you and me
We can be recipients of the risen-life
We can embrace the Savior
Who won the fight
Who overcame the night
We can be forgiven

Here is a prayer you can pray to receive the transforming victory that Christ won for us.  It is a prayer of surrender and belief.  It is a starting point for a new life with God.

Dear Lord Jesus,

Thank you for dying for me on the cross.  Thank you for spilling your blood so that I could be forgiven.  Lord, I surrender all to You.  I ask You to forgive me of my sins.  I ask You to breath Your life into me.  Jesus, I choose to live for You.  Thank You for overcoming death so I can be risen with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment