Friday, November 5, 2010

The Need Within

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13

One of man's greatest physical needs is to drink water. The human body cannot function without it. Our bodies are composed of 55-78 percent water, depending on our weight. When Jesus met the woman at the well, he asked her for a drink of water. But then Jesus offered her another kind of drink, namely eternal life.

Inside each of us is an empty void that we try to fill. It is a need within. Some of us attempt to satisfy our heart cry with material things. Others pursue pleasure. Some look to drugs, alcohol, and sex to fill their inner thirst. Some seek after relationships. Still others try to find contentment in various forms of religion, but wonder why their hearts do not find satisfaction.

Jesus offers us all living water to satisfy our souls. When we come to Him, we find all that we need. A relationship with Him meets all the deep needs of the heart. To come to Him, we must acknowledge our sinfulness and receive His gift of eternal life. He purchased our salvation by dying for us on the cross. We can come to Him and receive His complete forgiveness for our sins.

When we embrace Jesus, we enter into an eternal relationship with Him and with our Heavenly Father. This relationship is like water for our thirsty souls. When we come to Christ we find satisfaction within, and we inherit an eternal home in heaven. If you haven't come to the One who will bring you everlasting contentment and joy, then come and pray a prayer like the one below....

Dear Jesus,

I have tried to satisfy my need within by filling up on other things. Now, I realize that You are the One I desire. Lord, I admit that I am a sinner. I ask you to forgive me of my sin. I thank you for helping me to begin a relationship with the Father. Thank You for Your gift of eternal life. Lord, I choose to folllow You all the days of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment