Sunday, March 7, 2010

Upside Down

These who have turned the world upside down have come here too. Acts 17:6

From the world's view the kingdom of God is an upside down kingdom. Normal rules do not apply. The world says you must be beautiful or handsome. God looks for the pure in heart. The world will congratulate you for high performance. God looks for our obedience. The world says believe in yourself. God says believe in me and put no confidence in the flesh. The world esteems the talented, but God esteems the poor in spirit.

Don't we sometimes misconstrue things. We must remember that our citizenship is in heaven and not on this earth. Sometimes the Holy Spirit has to discipline us, out of love, to show us where our true priorities belong. We are not to live for the kingdom of darkness; we are children of the light.

I remember when I was a kid. I sometimes would hang upside down while seated on my bed and look at my bedroom ceiling. My room became a whole new world. I wished I could walk around in that place the way I perceived it. When we pray and read God's word, we are learning to view things from God's perspective, and we can walk around freely with Christ as our leader.

So let's make it our ambition to do things God's way. When we miss it, He will be faithful to show us the way back along the path that leads to His throne. He will help us to unlearn the things we held true while we lived in that kingdom that from God's vantage point is upside down.

Dear Lord Jesus,

I love you Lord. Forgive me for mixing up my priorities with those of the world. Help me to see life with new eyes. Teach me to walk according to Your kingdom priorities. In Your name I pray, Amen.

© Copyright 2010 by Tom Toya. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment